Introduction: Corn on the Cob Costume

 I saw a picture of a costume like this online and decided to try and brand my ain for Halloween. This is my first fourth dimension submitting an instructable so conduct with me!

Step i: Footstep 1

 The beginning thing I did was brand a yellow dress for the base of the costume. I could not find a inexpensive one that worked, and things did not work out and then well when I attempted at making my own, so I followed these directions:

www.craftstylish.com/item/50872/how-to-transform-a-mens-shirt-to-a-cute-summer-shirtdress

and used a $4 yellow men's dress shirt from Goodwill. The directions are pretty easy to follow, and I did not have to modify them at all considering the dress fit well as information technology turned out.

Step 2: Pace 2

Next, I had to create the kernels. I measured the front of myself and drew up a flick of the clothes, and decided that I would need 24 kernels that were iii inches across in order to cover the front of the dress. I got a different shade of yellow, along with cream fabric, and cut out twelve half dozen" squares, and twelve 4" squares. Then I folded each foursquare into quarters, and cut off the corners to make them into circles.

Step 3: Stride 3

 After I had all my circles cut out, it was time to run up them together. I pinned a large circumvolve on height of a smaller ane, with one of the edges lining upwards. If it makes a divergence and there is a visible front end and back to your fabric, pin them right sides together.

Pace 4: Step 4

For this step, I just pinned and repinned until I got the circle as I wanted it. It might take a few tries to become the hang of it. About every half an inch or then, I took a modest flap of textile of the big circle and folded information technology over to made a pleat, and so pinned it to the smaller circle to create the rounded shape. I left virtually two inches or so unpinned so I could turn the kernel right side out once sewed together.

Pace 5: Step five

One time you accept a few kernels pinned (I found it easier to pin a bunch at one time and so sew them at once), y'all are ready to sew them together. Making sure to backstitch at the showtime and stop, I left a 1/4" seam allowance and sewed the pleats down all the manner around the circumvolve, leaving those ii inches open that were mentioned in the previous step. Once I had all 20 four kernels sewed, I turned them right side out, stuffed them with polyfiber stuffing, and hand sewed the open up seams closed.

Footstep 6: Pace 6

 Finished with the kernels, it is time to adhere them to the dress. I get-go laid them out on the dress the way I wanted them to look, and so moved them all to the flooring, keeping the same system. For each kernel, I put it on the front of the apparel where I wanted information technology to go, and holding it in place with my left hand, I hand sewed the dorsum of it to the inside of the wearing apparel. Although pretty time consuming, I wanted to make sure they would non fall off and then I put quite a few stitches in each one.

Pace 7: Step 7

Once you accept all of the kernels attached, the clothes part is finished. To create the husk part, I got a yard of green cloth and created a sleeveless jacket type thing. I did not follow a design; I pretty much merely wrapped it around me and pinned and cut as I go until I got the result I was looking for. I as well fastened some fabric strands in different shades of green to the shoulders.

Footstep 8: Finished!

Once you are done with that, the costume is completed! The wearing apparel was a fiddling bit short and it was cold on Halloween, so I wore tights underneath, and I did not desire to vesture heels then I wore brown boots and it looked pretty good. Savour!

Be the Beginning to Share

Recommendations

  • Anything Goes Contest

    Anything Goes Contest